Kitty said: Yes.I would just like to know how to make a simple beef Stew?-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(I would just like to know how to make a simple beef Stew?),it will help you,my kids.
first you need beef cook it with brown gravy you can buy it in a packet at the store then add carrots potatoes and any other veggies you have around or you can get this stuff in the frozen food section called crock pot classics and all you have to do is add water and let it cook
SIMPLE BEEF STEW
2 lbs. beef stew meat
1 can tiny peas
1 c. of sliced carrots
2 c. chopped onions
1 tsp. salt
1 can tomato soup thinned with 1/2 can of water
2 raw potatoes, sliced
1 bay leaf
Mix these ingredients in a casserole dish with a tight fitting lid. Bake in oven at 275 degrees for 5 hours. Great for cold winter days!
Beef stew is sooooo forgiving! The strongest caution I would make is AVOID OVER SALTING.
The key to cooking is SLOW and LOW.
If using a crock pot -- cook all day while you are at work, or overnight.
If using a kettle, make sure it will hold at least a gallon -- simmer for 4 hours or more.
Use "Chuck" or "Round portions." You don't even have to cut them, for they will fall apart as the cook.
1. For added flavor, brown all sides of your beef in a skillet. Then place in the pot.
2. For flavor and aroma, add chunked celery, onions, carrots, and chopped garlic.
3. Salt at the end of cooking.
4. Harder veggies (potatoes, carrots) require more cooking time.
5. Softer veggies (Broccoli, corn, okra, beans, peas, etc) require less cooking time, so add them near the end.
6. If you want to thicken the stew, mix a lil flour in cold water until smooth and pastie like creamy salad dressing. Stir into the simmering soup until evenly dispersed. Let it heat up for a few minutes before repeating. Do this part gradually.
It's the beef that requires a bit of time to become TENDER, so simmer slowly for 4-6 hours or more. Add water if needed.
Taste, Taste, Taste as you go. There are many items you can add for flavor. For example
Italian Seasoning (Basil and Orego blend)
FACS Teacher 11 years / 40 years of cooking exp. BEEF STEW
chuck roast, cut into chunks
2 onions, chopped
carrots, medium diced
celery, medium diced
string beans, medium diced
potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes, keep potatoes covered with cold water to keep from discoloring - drain water off before adding to stew.
2 cans of beef gravy
1 can of peas, drained
Brown meat in hot oil. As meat is browning add onions. After meat is browned add gravy and 1/2 to 1 can of water to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Add carrots, celery, string beans and potatoes. Simmer until vegetables are tender. Just before stew is done add the peas. Adjust salt and pepper.
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- fresh garlic?
- How do I cook 30lb of spareribs?
- fruit decorations?
- Good food ideas?
- How can I cook a sirloin steak and get it tender?
- Help i need a good recipe for tri-tip for tonights dinner and it is already noon
- I want to make some hard toffee but dont have a recipie?
- How do you HARD BOIL EGGS???
Related Question about Food and Health
i used some garlic but not the entire - what do i do with the rest? how to store...
outside Answers: on grill out doors Other Answers: ooo, i am so jealous. Cant yo...
Answers: tiny sunglasses and cocktail umbrellas Other Answers: sure is! what abo...
Running out of ideas on things to make - getting tired of all the same old stuff...
Answers: Preparation, uses, and tips Sirloin steak should be cooked by dry-heat ...
Answers: Hope you have a BBQ. The best way to cook it is to rub it all over with...
Answers: Bonfire Toffee Ingredients 1 lb sugar - preferably Demerara 1/3 pint wa...
Sounds like Im an idiot, right? But, do I boil the water first? How long do they...
- Can you Fry FETA cheese?
- Home made dessert?
- Is 1.5 hours long enough to cook a 2.2 pound round rump roast in the oven?
- I put too much salt in my hummus! How do I fix it?
- Hamburger meat recipes?
- Does anyone have a good recipe for pudding?
- Need a unique dinner with not alot of veggies?
- What are some DELICIOUS recepies you know of?