Kitty said: Yes.Need a lite snack for arrival of 2 adults who have traveled all day, before dinn-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(Need a lite snack for arrival of 2 adults who have traveled all day, before dinn),it will help you,my kids.
Don't want to put a lot of work into this, just something easy and lite
Sliced pears and cheddar cheese with a nice glass of wine sound relaxing to me.
Go with cheese and crackers and maybe a few veggies. Get about four different cheeses - two hard and two soft. Pair it up with a bottle of wine and you have a perfect late afternoon snack.
KFC. potato salad and cole slaw.
I don't know if you have access to a BJ's or Costco, or Sam's Club, but they have frozen appetizers there that you can just pop in the oven. They have a good variety.
Or, you can just cut some fruit up, put some cool whip out, and there you have it!
Cheese & crackers or veggies & bottled Ranch dressing for dip
cut up some fruit.
Or, basically any snack from Trader Joe's. they have yummy food.
A cheese platter with Gorgonzola, Emmenthal, Brie, Chevre, and Parmesan. Add crusty bread and crackers. Finish off with pitted green and black olives, green and purple seedless grapes, dried apricots, dates, apple slices, and pear slices.
Wine on the side?
Be sure and have a nice bottle of wine on hand too! Here are some thoughts for a snack:
1. Hot artichoke dip with crackers or tortilla chips
2. Cheese and fruit: crisp green grapes with Manchenga, Brie, and Gouda. Serve with Lavosh and water crackers
3. A nice broth made with beef stock, sliced scallions, and
grated parmesan cheese. Serve with baguette and pate.
4. An antipasti platter: cured sopressata, provolone, olives, pepperoncini, goat cheese
Most likely they are going to be delighted to put their feet up, have a glass of wine and a bite!
Chicken salad sandwiches and a fruit tray. Bake 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts with salt and pepper. When done, dice (or grind if you have a meat grinder) and mix with a little mayo, mustard, and relish until creamy. You can add a little more salt and pepper to taste if need be. Spread on bread and cut in half.
For a fruit tray, slice apples, wash strawberries, grapes, drain a can of pineapple chunks and perhaps slice some peaches and arrange on a plate. For a dip, use a jar of marshmellow creme and a package of cream cheese softened. Blend together until smooth and pour in bowl and use for dipping fruit. It's all very yummy, goes well together and isn't heavy on the stomach.
I always make this (along with a veggie tray) when I have guests over for the summer and we're entertaining outdoors. It is nice because no one feels heavy and full after eating and can still enjoy a hot/warm summer day. Guests always love it!
I use this one all the time...maybe because I'm always snacking & this one satisfies me the best..I buy a box of raisens, a big bag of peanut m&m's, and a can of peanuts or cashews and mix them all together in a zip-lock gallon bag. You might have to buy 2 or 3 of each but believe me it's worth it!!! You can also substitute other stuff like banana chips, craisens, etc.
Aloha & Good Luck
How about slices of smoked salmon on those bagel chips with a sprig of fresh dill, cream cheese and a little red onion. Can prepare an hour or so ahead.
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- What would be the best meal to cook at a dinner party??
- How do you make an AWESOME crackers with cheese Tray?
- there is a theater out I-290 where you eat, drink, and watch the show called hol
- what can we do on christmas day?
- Anyone have any good ideas for a first birthday cake for a boy?
- Your Opinion..?
- Recipe: Your favorite sandwich?
- My almost 13 year old daughter dosen't know what to serve @ her birthday party.?
Related Question about Food and Health
Answer: I find the best recipes for a dinner party are the ones that are low str...
serious...what kind of cheese...what kind of crackers? Answer: Pick a variety of...
Answers: First off, since we are answering this throughout the United States...w...
my wife and I are looking for a very upscale dinner place to go for us today. Xm...
Answer: Go to Wilton.com to the message boards. They have lots of ideas on there...
On Dating your fathers boss? Is it wrong. Here are the Details. This is the stor...
Answers: The Reuben - hands down! Layer deli sliced (or leftover!) corned beef, ...
She doesnt like cake, ice cream, or chocolate. Answer: If she doesnt like cake a...
- Serving opinions?
- I need some help, I want to shoot milk out my noes. please help.?
- What are Hors d; oeuvres?
- What food do you like to have at parties?
- What should i have 4 dinner on my 12 b-day(hippie party)?
- Need good party places in Miami?
- Please answer? party question???
- I am celebrating my sweet sixteen this coming april and i want to have a fun/ine