Kitty said: Yes.Why is it bad manners to wear a hat at the dinner table?-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(Why is it bad manners to wear a hat at the dinner table?),it will help you,my kids.
It's more acceptable these days but some old people are offended by it. But why are they offended? Where did the tradition come from?
back in the day, wearing a hat means that you want to or are ready to leave. it's disrespectful, because your hat symbolizes i want to leave. and the cooker doesn't want a person to leave their meal. i don't know if i explained that to you well enough.
The person that wrote the book on manner said so!
in old days, people would grab their hats as they're getting ready to leave the place. wearing your hat symbolizes something to that effect. ergo, rude. it has been done for more than 500 years you need to show respect to the one that owns the home you are in
they are just crazy people
well i think it would be because people would want to look at you face and eyes when talking to you, and to wear a hat would prevent that depends on the culture of the owner ^_^
well i think it just looks untidy.
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- What can I make for a dinner party for 6 people? We're fairly adventurous eaters
- Having a party?
- Why does yankee food taste SO bad?
- What's the Best Way to Pack a Hookah Bowl?
- Does anyone know of any pub /club in Singapore that has this pink rooms?
- What's your favorite night of the week for going out to a lounge, bar or club?
- My Little League team's Pizza Party, what more can I do ?
- 20 people. How much of each dish do I order?
Related Question about Food and Health
Something interesting, tasty and good with wine, please. Answer: Well since I th...
can anyone help me with a good party theme? Im having a party for my fiance whos...
or is it just me? Answers: screw you english bastard Other Answers: its just you...
I just got my first hookah, and during my first foray into doing it all myself, ...
I have come across this pub in magazine but cannot remember which one is it? The...
Answer: Fridays. But thats because theres a weekly event downtown and its OK to ...
I coach a six-year old little league baseball team in Penn, and we just finished...
I want to order several dishes from a restaurant. Beef strogonoff, Chicken a la ...
- Serving opinions?
- I need some help, I want to shoot milk out my noes. please help.?
- What are Hors d; oeuvres?
- What food do you like to have at parties?
- What should i have 4 dinner on my 12 b-day(hippie party)?
- Need good party places in Miami?
- Please answer? party question???
- I am celebrating my sweet sixteen this coming april and i want to have a fun/ine