Kitty said: Yes.What are 'sugar alcohols' in gum?-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(What are 'sugar alcohols' in gum?),it will help you,my kids.
What are 'sugar alcohols' in gum?In the minty gum i noticed> No it's not the same =) Good question though....
If you've looked lately at the “Nutrition Facts” panel on a pack of sugar-free gum or candy, you might be surprised to see that it contains “sugar alcohol.” Don't let the name fool you. These ingredients were given this consumer-friendly name because part of their "structure" resembles sugar and part is similar to alcohol.
What is sugar alcohol?
Sugar alcohols, also know as polyols, are ingredients used as sweeteners and bulking agents. They occur naturally in foods and come from plant products such as fruits and berries. As a sugar substitute, they provide fewer calories (about a half to one-third less calories) than regular sugar. This is because they are converted to glucose more slowly, require little or no insulin to be metabolized and don't cause sudden increases in blood sugar. This makes them popular among individuals with diabetes; however, their use is becoming more common by just about everyone. You may be consuming them and not even know it.
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- I'm going to band camp tomorrow. What are some foods I can eat to give me lo
- Do you think that bottled water tastes different from regular tap water?
- Tofu. how in the world do i cook it????
- What do they use to crystalize a sugar free lozenge?
- Food For Thought... Can you recommend some "brain" foods and recipes?
- If I want to use Fresh Ginger instead of-? - FoodAQ
- Is it bad if I eat a whole tub (1kg) of yoghurt in one day? - FoodAQ
- Why orange color for decaf coffee?
Related Question about Food and Health
Im going to band camp tomorrow. What are some foods I can eat to give me long-te...
Do you think that bottled water tastes different from regular tap water? A bunch...
Tofu. how in the world do i cook it???? ok, i tried tofu at moes and it was grea...
What do they use to crystalize a sugar free lozenge? Answers: You do not want cr...
Food For Thought... Can you recommend some brain foods and recipes? I have alway...
If I want to use Fresh Ginger instead of-!? ground ginger, how much should I use...
Is it bad if I eat a whole tub (1kg) of yoghurt in one day!? Answers: No, its go...
Sanka was the first decaf coffee out. It had an orange label on the jar and an o...
- I've heard that people make coffee out of Chicory, is this true?
- My passion fruit vine is loaded with fruit. How can I make use of them (Essex ,
- What the hell should i eat?
- What do you think of cruise vacations?
- Would you get into a giant tub of?
- Favorite thing from chinese take out?
- What condiments do you eat on your canned beans?
- What is a foolproof way to season a cast-iron skillet?