Kitty said: Yes.Could you suggest a good house hold substitute for molasses and cornstarch ?-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(Could you suggest a good house hold substitute for molasses and cornstarch ?),it will help you,my kids.
I'm a single guy and don't know a lot about cooking but my mother always substituted dark corn syrup for molasses. Of course molasses have a much more potent flavor so you may want to spice up the corn syrup with some other flavors.
As for cornstarch substitute.... I dunno, probably depends on the purpose of the cornstarch in the recipe.
Here is a suggestion from another website:
For 1 tablespoon, use 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour; 1 tablespoon potato flour or rice flour; 4 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca; or 2 teaspoons arrowroot.
dark corn syrup
1 cup of Molasses subs:
1 cup of any one of these:
Dark corn syrup
Light corn syrup
3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
As for the cornstarch...I would use flour.
MOLASSES: Cane syrup or sorghum
CORNSTARCH: flour or arrowroot powder Molasses = Dark corn syrup
Cornstarch = Flour
For most recipes, this will do it. For molasses - you can use maple syrup, dark brown sugar mixed with a little extra liquid, or dark corn syrup though the flavor will not be quite the same. Maple syrup is my preference.
Cornstarch - use flour, but make sure you've really shaken it into COLD liquid first before adding or you'll get lumps. Arrowroot powder also works. I liked the person's previous suggestion for molasses. As for the cornstarch well I would use potatostarch. As a kid I was seriously allergic to corn so my mother would use potatostarch.
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- Know any slow cooker recipes with few ingrediants? - FoodAQ
- How long is it safe to eat pickle slices from a jar? - FoodAQ
- What should i do with the "umberella" or the "fruit piece" w
- does anyone have a good recipe for home made beef stew. let me know?
- Is there a difference between Shake n' Bake and regular bread crumbs? - Food
- does anyone one remember the school pudding '' toothpaste slice''
- Have you a Good Pork Chops Recipe Please? - FoodAQ
- Any ideas for a salad leaf replacement for rocket (besides spinach)? Must be sim
Related Question about Food and Health
Know any slow cooker recipes with few ingrediants!? I got a slow cooker for chri...
How long is it safe to eat pickle slices from a jar!? I have a jar of pickle sli...
I went to a 5star hotel and i ordered for a drink. When i got the drink i saw th...
Answers: Beef Stew Yields: 10 servings Beef, carrots, potatoes and celery are se...
Is there a difference between Shake n Bake and regular bread crumbs!? Answers: h...
was a 70s to present day school pudding... maybe someone will know if it was kno...
Have you a Good Pork Chops Recipe Please!? Answers: Here is a yummy one !.!.!.!....
Any ideas for a salad leaf replacement for rocket (besides spinach)!? Must be si...
- Could you recommend a GOOD home ice-cream maker, please?
- could you send me the best recipe for HUMBA?
- Could you share your best easiest recipe with me ?
- Could you survive by eating your own foot?
- Could you tell me any good sandwich fillings?
- Could you tell me your favorite recipe?
- Could you tell what can be used in place of yeast -I'm allergic- (other than
- Could you use Kahlua to bake?