Kitty said: Yes.Cracked Clay ovan "Tandoor" ?-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(Cracked Clay ovan "Tandoor" ?),it will help you,my kids.
I have made a terracota clay Tandoor, when I fired it up, it cracked. Hoe to fix the problem? Can I repair it or do I have to change the whole pot? Any info will be appericiated.
I guess when you fired your tandoor first time, you started with high flame. Whenever you are using new pot in tandoors, it is recommended to start with slow flame and let temperature build up. Also in case of clay pot tandoors, pot needs to be cured first by various methods.
If you plan to use it only for tandoori chicken or Tikka,simple remedy is to fill cracks with "Fire Cement" or "Refractory Cement". It is used for finishing Fire Places and generally avble in plumbing stores ( home depot and Lowe's carry in Grill section during winter season). Being fire proof, it will help in filling cracks.
I'm certain that it cannot be repaired satisfactorily; it must be replaced.
You don't say if it was the first time you lit a fire in it, but be aware that the owner of my local Indian restaurant told me that once they light the fire they must keep it lit. The fire must never go out otherwise the tandoor will crack and must be replaced. But they hav eto be replaced at intrevals anyway as they do crack.
There are commercially made tandoor ovens for domestic use made of something which can be lit as an when required. See link below
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- Does anyone have a romantic dinner recipe?
- does any one know if betty crocker lemon pudding cake still excist and if not wh
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich WW points? - FoodAQ
- Have you ever used charcoal in a gas grill? Without turning on the gas of course
- Do you think cheeseburgers these days are being offended?
- What was (is) your fav thing to eat at school for lunch?
- Do you eat breakfast every morning??
- Recommend a beginners cook book.?
Related Question about Food and Health
My husband works out of town a lot but when he comes home this weekend I want to...
was available in the late seventies Answers: I cant find either one I was wonder...
Shredded Chicken Sandwich WW points!? Can anyone tell me how many points a Shred...
Answers: No, doesnt sound to safe in the long run Other Answers: No. It would ju...
The Paris Hilton commercial was demeaning to cheeseburgers! Answers: paris hilto...
i love it when they have the ham and cheese subs, with lettuce, tomatoe, mayo. l...
If I have someone there to eat it with I will.But otherwise I hardly ever eat br...
Im a cooking moron. But I have belly fire. Answers: Betty Crockers Cooking Basic...
- Could you recommend a GOOD home ice-cream maker, please?
- could you send me the best recipe for HUMBA?
- Could you share your best easiest recipe with me ?
- Could you suggest a good house hold substitute for molasses and cornstarch ?
- Could you survive by eating your own foot?
- Could you tell me any good sandwich fillings?
- Could you tell me your favorite recipe?
- Could you tell what can be used in place of yeast -I'm allergic- (other than