Kitty said: Yes.Cucumber recipe?-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(Cucumber recipe?),it will help you,my kids.
Would you share your recipe for cucumbers salads and sliced cucumbers and onions with viniger?
And your favorite recipe for bread and butter pickles that you freeze and not can?
Freezer Bread & Butter Pickles
4 cups thinly-sliced cucumbers, 3/16 inch thick
1 cup thinly-sliced onions
1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons pickling salt
1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1. Place the cucumbers, onion and sweet pepper in a large nonreactive (glass or plastic) container.
2. Sprinkle with salt and mix well.
3. Let stand for 3 hours, stirring occasionally, drain.
4. Rinse twice and drain thoroughly.
5. Heat the vinegar in a microwave oven for 30 seconds or warm it slightly on the stove top.
6. Combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds and turmeric in a small bowl, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
7. Pour over the vegetables and mix well.
8. Pack the vegetables into small freezer containers.
9. Divide the liquid and pour it over the pickles.
10. Seal tightly and freeze.
11. Store the pickles in the freezer for up to 6 months.
12. Once thawed, use them within several days before they lose their crunch.
Cucumbers and Onions
2 medium cucumbers
2 medium onions
2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
1. Peel cucumbers and slice thin.
2. Layer in shallow dish, sprinkling each layer with salt.
3. Let stand overnight.
4. In the morning, drain cucumbers and rinse.
5. Let dry on paper towels.
6. Slice onions thin.
7. Mix gently with cucumber slices.
8. Beat together the mayonnaise or salad dressing, sugar and vinegar until creamy.
9. Stir into mixed cucumbers and onions.
10. (The dressing should be plentiful so the salad is creamy. Increase amounts of dressing ingredients, proportionally, if needed).
Cukes and Onions (Cucumbers and Onions)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups sliced cucumbers
1 small onion (sliced thinly)
1. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and salt.
2. Add cucumbers and onions; stir to coat.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
cucumber with cream cheese for a bagle i heard was delicious.
I cut my cukes in half lenghtwise and scrape the seeds out. Then I slice them thinly.
I use a Vidalia or Sweet Spanish onion only and slice that thinly.
I sprinkle some pepper on them and toss.
I add sour cream a spoonful at a time until they are well coated. I drizzle white vinegar by the teaspoonful and mix and taste. I continue to add vinegar by the teaspoonful until I have the flavor I prefer. Everybody is different...go slow...and get the flavor you like.
slice cucumbers into a bowl
mix with a tablespoon of sesame oil and tablespoon of rice vinegar
sprinkle chili pepper flakes
toss and serve
this is my favorite
Mrs. Naverud's Freezer Pickles.
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 white vinegar
1/4 cup pickling salt
HEAT until dissolved, let stand 20-40 minutes
Peel and slice somewhat thinly (thicker than the shredder)
12 cucs, 2 to 3 inches in diameter
Seed and de-vein and cut into thin strips
2 large bell peppers
Slice and seperate
2 large onions
Mix the veggies well with the liquid.
Pack in plastic freezer boxes and freeze.
These are a useful way to store extra cucs. The thawed and drained
product is very fresh tasting and is a treat in the off season.
Cucumber Radish Salad with Goat Cheese and Lemon
3 kirby cucumbers, washed and dried
4 large radishes
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup goat cheese crumbles (can also use feta cheese)
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon finely chopped dill
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
Make the vinaigrette:
1. Place the garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour in the lemon juice and vinegar and whisk to dissolve the salt.
2. Add the sugar and whisk until dissolved.
Continuing to whisk, slowly add the olive oil and whisk until emulsified.
For the salad
1. Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Slice them thinly and place in a bowl.
2. Using a mandoline, thinly slice the radishes and add to the bowl. 3. Toss the cuke/radishes with the vinaigrette.
Divide the salad among 4 plates. Sprinkle each with some cheese, the lemon zest and the dill. Serve.
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- I;m lookingforrecipesfor canningfigs and pear preserves?
- How do you make piping gel? - FoodAQ
- I want to make a good an delicious spagetti?
- Does anyone have a yummy, easy recipe for banana bread?
- RecipEss!!!? - FoodAQ
- Recipes Using Whole Cream / Double Cream? - FoodAQ
- Does anybody have some recipies low sodio?
- How do I cut portabella mushroom caps? - FoodAQ
Related Question about Food and Health
Answers: PEAR PRESERVES 8 C. PEELED JUICE OF 1 ORANGE GRATED PEEL juice juice. L...
How do you make piping gel!? That you use to write on cakes!?Www@FoodAQ@Com Answ...
Answers: Start with fresh pasta if you can but if not dried will work alright. B...
Answers: Here is a delcious recipe my mom makes sometimes before school for my s...
RecipEss!!!!? i have an end of the year party tomorrow at school, and I dont kno...
Recipes Using Whole Cream / Double Cream!? (This product would be called double ...
Answers: http://www.lowsodiumcooking.com/ all u need to know is @ this site. Oth...
How do I cut portabella mushroom caps!? I bought some portabella mushroom caps a...
- Could you recommend a GOOD home ice-cream maker, please?
- could you send me the best recipe for HUMBA?
- Could you share your best easiest recipe with me ?
- Could you suggest a good house hold substitute for molasses and cornstarch ?
- Could you survive by eating your own foot?
- Could you tell me any good sandwich fillings?
- Could you tell me your favorite recipe?
- Could you tell what can be used in place of yeast -I'm allergic- (other than