Kitty said: Yes.Does almond extract contain ethanol or some other kind of alcohol?-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(Does almond extract contain ethanol or some other kind of alcohol?),it will help you,my kids.
Basically summed it up in the initial question, what kind of alcohol is contained in almond (and vanilla) extract?
Check the package, it should tell you if the extract contains alcohol. Typically they do because essential oils will dissolve in alcohol but not in water.
However, if during cooking the food temperature rises above 90 degrees F, the alcohol will boil off and will not remain in the finished product.
hhm, well I don't have either of those with me right now, but I know when I cook with them with my mom around christmas they sure as heck smell like alcohol. Ethanol I guess...thats the kind you drink right? lol I cant remember. Anyway, yeah I remember looking on the back after smelling it and seeing that it does contain alcohol. Not a lot though...
My mom uses vodka to make vanilla extract.
This one contains propylene glycol.
Propylene glycol, also known as 1,2-propanediol, is an organic compound (a diol alcohol), usually a tasteless, odorless, and colorless clear oily liquid that is hygroscopic and miscible with water, acetone, and chloroform. It is manufactured by the hydration of propylene oxide.
distilled sugar alcohol
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- POLL:What do you cook that you are tired of? - FoodAQ
- What are your 5 favorite food dishes? - FoodAQ
- Bored of food, any weird combo's that work?
- how about a good, easy and fast zucchini bread recipe?
- I would like to know about german hoildays and thier food?
- Kid friendly meals please? My kids are picky picky eaters I'm at the end of
- Does anyone have a recipe for Lychee cake?
- Which is cheap ? cooking in home or to get food parcel for the whole family from
Related Question about Food and Health
POLL:What do you cook that you are tired of!? Answers: Stir fry!. Its an old sta...
What are your 5 favorite food dishes!? Be specific!. Mine are: 1) Unagi or Fish ...
Marmite and melted cheese on toast or cheesy wotsits dipped in tea, what yummy f...
Answers: OLGAs ZUCCHINI BREAD 3 eggs 1 cup vegetable oil 2 cups sugar 2 cups coa...
I would like to know how they do thier hoildays Answers: In Germany, there is a ...
Kid friendly meals please!? My kids are picky picky eaters Im at the end of my r...
Ive searched the internet but I cant find any websites that just offer a lychee ...
Which is cheap !? cooking in home or to get food parcel for the whole family fro...
- Could you recommend a GOOD home ice-cream maker, please?
- could you send me the best recipe for HUMBA?
- Could you share your best easiest recipe with me ?
- Could you suggest a good house hold substitute for molasses and cornstarch ?
- Could you survive by eating your own foot?
- Could you tell me any good sandwich fillings?
- Could you tell me your favorite recipe?
- Could you tell what can be used in place of yeast -I'm allergic- (other than