Kitty said: Yes.coworkers coming over for dinner. i don't cook much. what's easy and che-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(coworkers coming over for dinner. i don't cook much. what's easy and che),it will help you,my kids.
could anyone give me ideas for a really easy meal for about 3 or 4 people? i have a crockpot. i don't really want to impress, just something good. any favorite recipes?? or just ideas??? thanks!
An easy great dish is some sauted chicken with your favorite pasta and some alfredo sauce. If you prepare everything before hand, the actual cooking should only take you 15 minutes tops!
- 4 to 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large package of your favorite pasta - I like Penne
- 1 bottle of some good alfreado sauce (I like Bertoli's mushroom or garlic alfredo sauce)
- soy sauce (a must)
- worchesthire sauce (optional)
- black pepper
1. Prepare some boneless chicken breasts by cutting it up into large cubes/chunks then marinate it with some soy sauce, worchestshire sauce, and black pepper. (I don't use salt since the soy sauce has it already). One breast per person should be enough. Let it marinate at least 15 minutes.
2. Heat a medium to large saute pan at medium heat, once it's hot, add a little extra virgin olive oil (substitute other oil if you don't have olive oil)
3. Add chicken, let it cook without disturbing it for at least 5 minutes (I set my microwave timer to help remind me). This will allow it time to brown. Adjust the heat down if you notice that it's cooking too fast or starting to burn!
4. While the chicken is cooking put some water in a pot and put on high heat to get it boiling. Add a dash of salt and a dash of olive oil (or margarine).
5. After 5 minutes turn your chicken over and let the other side brown for another 5 minutes.
6. Your water should be boiling now, so put the pasta in the water and lower the heat from super high to just high! Cook the past for between 8 and 10 minutes
7. Back to the chicken, after the 5 minutes is over, lower the heat a bit (medium low) and cover the chicken for the last 5 minutes. (this will keep it juicy and not dry it up)
8. Open up your bottle of alfredo sauce and pour it on the chicken (pour as much as needed to coat the chicken and the pasta lightly). Make sure the heat is set to low / simmer now.
9. The pasta should be done now, so turn off the pasta and the chicken, drain the pasta in a colander, and add it to the chicken and sauce, toss it around so the flavors all mix, mmmmm, this dish is yummy!
10. Pour it all into a large serving dish and garnish with some fresh basil and some parmesan cheese! Also good with some red pepper flakes added (like the ones you get with pizza)
11. Have your guests bring some Italian White or Red wine and you're set! Buen Provecho!
Pizza. Just have it delivered.
Pretzles and Beer. Spaghetti, with doctored up Ragu sauce, and garlic bread
Tacos!pasta is easy to make and serves alot for a cheap
Make some home-made pizza. It's always a hit, and it's easy. I found a recipe for easy foccocia bread also using pilsbury bun dough you can find in your grocer's freezer. chicken wings
Order Chinese food pork fried rice and some chicken and porkget one of those Banquet Crock Pot Classics meal kits at the grocery store and follow the directions on the package and you are supposed to put it in the crock pot to cook it is fast easy and doesnt require much time to make.
Pasta is easy and cheap! Just buy some spaghetti noodles and parmesean cheese and garlic toast and you're all set. It's super easy to cook and you can make a lot of it in no time. If you don't like regular pasta sauce, just put olive oil, garlic salt, parmesean or romano cheese and Italian seasoning (you can buy it at any grocery) on the pasta. It's like a quick pesto sauce. Good luck!! :) cant go wrong with a chefs salad and you can get all the stuff from the store pre made. just buy a bag of salad go to the deli and get thick cut turkey or ham and some chese. cube the meat, shred the cheese, add your fav dressing and serve. or you could check www.food.com for more ideas
ORDER CHICKEN!Great, easy chili recipe:
3 cans of beans (I use kidney, garbanzo, and black beans)
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 large can tomato sauce
1/2 bag of frozen peppers and onions
chili powder and pepper to taste
Just let the pot go and stir occasionally. Then serve with sour cream and shredded cheese and maybe some biscuits and salad. Quick and easy (and meatless in case your coworkers may be vegetarian).
Get a cooked rotisserie chicken at the supermarket. Buy some cole slaw and potato salad. For dessert you can slice up a Sara Lee pound cake and serve it with whipped cream and strawberries.
There are lots of crockpot recipes on the web. Try www.allrecipes.com
You need to learn how to prepare a few easy healthy meals. Eating out or buying prepare food all the time is expensive and fattening.
1/3 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
3 egg yolks
1/ 4 cup milk
Add 1 3/4 cup milk
Set microwave to 6 1/2 Min.
Stop at 4 min. and stir
Stop at 2 min. and stir
Add 1 tablespoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons butter
Mix well and pour into cooked pie sheet
This is a very good recipe. You will want to add a thin layer of whiped cream to the top after it has cooled. Microwave times do vary, espcaily for altitude. I've found that these times work best for the 5,000' feet where I'm at. You may need up to eight minutes if you are closer to sea level.
is crock pot slow cooker?
If so - Lamb shanks (1 per person!)
onions/dried herbs/garlic/root veg eg carrot
beef stock and a glass of white wine (to cover)
cook for 8hours on medium
After cooking and serving slice over lemons and sprinkle olives.
serve with rustic brown bread and more wine - YUM! Stouffers Skillets Chicken Alfredo
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- do can goods expire?
- do anyone have hot-cross buns recipe?
- How do I eat a mAngo? - FoodAQ
- How do you make fondue & cream sauce not separate into oil?
- Have any ideas on how to make homemade potpourri I can simmer on the stove in a
- Is this bad for you? - FoodAQ
- Does any one know how to make a cake from scratch?
- I am looking for a good receipe for steamed green beans...!? - FoodAQ
Related Question about Food and Health
Answers: Enjoyed finding the link to this answer! As far as general rules for sh...
Answers: Hot-Cross Buns Ingredients Yeast liquid mixture 250ml warm milk 1 tsp s...
How do I eat a mAngo!? Answers: Either peel it with a knife and then cut the fle...
How do you make a mushroom cream sauce, or chocolate fondue, with heavy cream, b...
Have any ideas on how to make homemade potpourri I can simmer on the stove in a ...
Is this bad for you!? Eating burnt microwave popcorn!?Www@FoodAQ@Com Answers: An...
a plain white cake...i just need to know whats in it! Answers: ** Buttermilk Pou...
I am looking for a good receipe for steamed green beans!.!.!.!!? I once tried so...
- Could you recommend a GOOD home ice-cream maker, please?
- could you send me the best recipe for HUMBA?
- Could you share your best easiest recipe with me ?
- Could you suggest a good house hold substitute for molasses and cornstarch ?
- Could you survive by eating your own foot?
- Could you tell me any good sandwich fillings?
- Could you tell me your favorite recipe?
- Could you tell what can be used in place of yeast -I'm allergic- (other than