Kitty said: Yes.cut onions without crying?-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(cut onions without crying?),it will help you,my kids.
Cutting onions under water or chilling them before cutting.
Some other suggestions people have mentioned for preventing tears when working with onions include:
Keep the root on while peeling and chopping. A variation of this is to cut from the top leaving the root end intact until the last cut!
Be in a well-ventilated place and cut fast!
Use a good, sharp chef's knife. It glides through the onion with ease, allowing less of the compounds that cause tears to come out.
Wear a pair of safety goggles or a cheap, disposable painter's mask.
Put a slice of bread in your mouth, with half of it sticking out to "catch" the fumes.
Put some white vinegar on the chopping board before cutting.
Burn a candle immediately adjacent to where you're cutting. The tear-causing gas is drawn toward the heat source.
Purchase pre-chopped onions.
After cutting the onions (and garlic), a suggestion that may help remove the smell from your hands is to run cool tap water over your hands while rubbing them across a stainless steel utensil, such as the bowl of a stainless steel spoon. If you have been cutting a lot of onions, this may not be as effective.
wet the onoin first works for me.
cut them while holding under cold running water Try not to breathe in too close to the onion, that is why you tear up. I try to hold my breath for a few seconds, turn my head to breathe, and repeat. And keep a ceiling fan on. Sounds silly, but that all really works I promise.
avoid smelling the onionsTurn on the cold water, not sure why it works but it does.
Martha Stewart says to burn a candle near the cutting board as you cut to burn off the fumes that cause you to tear up. use a piece of bread lay the onion on top. try to get a yellow instead of white.
Cut them in the sink, next to a stream of running water.
The tasty ingredient in onions vaporizes and mixes with your tears (eyeball fluid) to form sulfuric acid.
The running water will take the vapor away.
submerge the onion into a bowl of water then do ur cut under the water. I love to cook but hate cutting onions. I always put on my ski goggles when I cut onions. It works great and I look great while doing it. :)
i put out a bowl of vinegar-white...while i chop and everyone who follows this hint is so impressed with how well it works
vinegar bowls are great for cigarette smell too...bought that stupid sharperimage...machine...what a waste....use vinegar and it works great! try wearing goggles
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- How long does it take to bake sliced potatoes at 400 degrees? - FoodAQ
- How can I stop my eyes from streaming with tears when chopping onions? - FoodAQ
- Ok what do people prefer Hot Chetos or Chesters Hot Fries?
- Dessert Pizza Recipe??
- Does any one have the recipe for linguini a la diplimatico served at Scoma's
- Ribs in crock pot help! Black stuff all in the pot, are the ribs ok? - FoodAQ
- I need sum ideas? - FoodAQ
- Looking for Waffel House Waffel Recipe...HELP PLZ!?
Related Question about Food and Health
How long does it take to bake sliced potatoes at 400 degrees!? Answers: Depends ...
How can I stop my eyes from streaming with tears when chopping onions!? Ive trie...
i love chesters hot fries. hot chetos are too hot for me Answers: i love chester...
I had a pizza once made from cream cheese and fruit and whipped topping. Anyone ...
My daughter ate at Scomas and loved this dish. I would love to get the recipe an...
Ribs in crock pot help! Black stuff all in the pot, are the ribs ok!? I found a ...
I need sum ideas!? wat can i make with my ham!?Www@FoodAQ@Com Answers: Scalloped...
Answers: Here is a good clone like the WaffleHouse. We serve these with Praline ...
- Could you recommend a GOOD home ice-cream maker, please?
- could you send me the best recipe for HUMBA?
- Could you share your best easiest recipe with me ?
- Could you suggest a good house hold substitute for molasses and cornstarch ?
- Could you survive by eating your own foot?
- Could you tell me any good sandwich fillings?
- Could you tell me your favorite recipe?
- Could you tell what can be used in place of yeast -I'm allergic- (other than