Kitty said: Yes.i want to know the recipe of sweet biscuits made of only sugar,flour,butter and-I try seach this on internet but no results found.Maybe this is a stupid question.
Mike said: oh,no,you are wrong.I have found as below for this question(i want to know the recipe of sweet biscuits made of only sugar,flour,butter and),it will help you,my kids.
Sweet Biscuits for Breakfast or Shortcake
I wanted a sweet biscuit, but found that the more sugar I used, the heavier they would be. I started experimenting with a basic rolled biscuit recipe from The Joy of Cooking, and came up with this. The way you handle the dough is important, and be sure to use a sharp cutter to cut the rounds, so all of the edges puff up. A preheated oven and an insulated cookie sheet are necessary. If you don't have an insulated sheet, put two regular sheets together. Recipe is easily doubled. I've served this as shortcake with strawberries and whipped cream, and we also like it at breakfast with apple jelly.
2 cups all-purpose flour (I measure by fluffing up the flour, then dipping the metal cup into the canister and shaking the flo)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour, for patting out the dough
1 teaspoon regular table salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 lb ice cold unsalted butter, if you have european style butter,use that
3/4 cup half-and-half
1. Preheat oven to 400, I place a rack in lowest position in the oven.
2. Combine dry ingredients.
3. Cut in butter.
4. Stir in liquid until it just begins to pull from the sides- it will be pretty moist.
5. Spread 1/4 C flour on a pastry board and dump the dough onto the flour.
6. Gently turn the dough until all sides are covered with flour.
7. Knead by gently rubbing the dough into the flour, a scant 8 to 10 turns.
8. Pat the dough into a 1 inch thich slab.
9. Cut into rounds with a sharp round biscuit cutter- I use a 2 1/2 inch cutter-- you can push the scraps together to make room to cut a few more, try not to knead it too much.
10. Place on insulated cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
11. Put in HOT oven and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
12. You can test by lifting the top layer of the center biscuit; if it's done it will look dry inside and the edges will be golden.
13. (I get 9 biscuits when I use a 2 1/2" cutter).
You have it already, or?
correctness,It's Non-profit and only for informational purposes.
- Does this sandwich sound good to anyone sober? - FoodAQ
- Has anyone tryed Kraft 3 Cheese salad dressing..? - FoodAQ
- My German Chocolate cake says to line pan with Butter Paper...What is Butter Pap
- Can someone please answers my question? - FoodAQ
- I would like some side dishes to go with a gyro-type sand-which? - FoodAQ
- What is the difference in the kinds of Olive Oil?
- Need a easy vegetarian recipe for dinner. 10 points to the best answer? - FoodAQ
- Is it possible to make a risotto without Arborio Rice? This is because I need to
Related Question about Food and Health
Does this sandwich sound good to anyone sober!? So, I just made the best sandwic...
Has anyone tryed Kraft 3 Cheese salad dressing!.!.!? Thanks!.!.!.Www@FoodAQ@Com ...
My German Chocolate cake says to line pan with Butter Paper!.!.!.What is Butter ...
Can someone please answers my question!? i ahe not recieved any answers yet and ...
I would like some side dishes to go with a gyro-type sand-which!? Any ideas!?Www...
I noticed Light, Roasting, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil in my grocery store. Im tr...
Need a easy vegetarian recipe for dinner!. 10 points to the best answer!? I have...
Is it possible to make a risotto without Arborio Rice!? This is because I need t...
- Could you recommend a GOOD home ice-cream maker, please?
- could you send me the best recipe for HUMBA?
- Could you share your best easiest recipe with me ?
- Could you suggest a good house hold substitute for molasses and cornstarch ?
- Could you survive by eating your own foot?
- Could you tell me any good sandwich fillings?
- Could you tell me your favorite recipe?
- Could you tell what can be used in place of yeast -I'm allergic- (other than